Monday, January 28, 2008

10559 snow_day

picture time!

- it's been snowing a ton!  today they shut the schools down (snow day!), which almost never happens (no snow days last winter, for example).  here are some photos from around my apartment complex (hardly the heaviest hit area)

outside my front door:  
my car:
the mailboxes:

- also, last night we had a little party for joe...a send off if you will...since this is one of the last times the three of us will be at church together we took some pictures...very nice!

serious men of the word
not as serious!

3 comments:

boutry said...

it feels a little weird to be the first to comment on my own post, but some more information about the weather has come to my attention...

...first, the pictures i took and included in the post are from this morning. it's gotten much worse!

...i also found out that the school haven't closed for a snow day since 1996! amazing!

needless to say, this is a new experience for me.

this is from the weather service:
"A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE."

Anonymous said...

Global cooling?

Chip Johnson said...

Amen to the new snow experiences. Today I managed to bury a snow plow and get a six wheeled diesel road grader stuck!

No good deed goes unpunished!