Monday, September 29, 2008

14659

sports thoughts...

- the red sox have their work cut out for them this october to pull off the repeat, but it's going to be fun to be here while they try.

- the giants will likely to do one dramatic thing this off season (no sure yet what it's going to be)

- i finished second in my yahoo winner's league.  this is a small miracle considering the hole i got myself in during the may-june stretch of neglect my team experienced.  my two great regrets on the season: i contemplated adding carlos quentin to my opening day roster and i didn't...i ended up trading for him much later in the season...could have had him for free.  also, i had ryan ludwick for a day in april and then dropped him...and he went on to have a ridiculous season.  if i had kept those two guys, i might have pulled off the repeat!  nonetheless, i still won my college buddies' league for the second year in a row.

- the premier league is off and running and arsenal is once again at the top of the standings...and once again we'll see if they can actually stay there this year.

- usc broke our hearts this week =(  otherwise, i don't really care about football.

- amy and i got to go to a Revolution game this saturday.  so much fun!  (mls soccer for those who are wondering).  if anyone wants to help kick in for season tickets for '09 let me know (only 700-900 bucks).

peace

2 comments:

Momma S said...

i would like to take this sports post as an opportunity to note that my Bulldogs whooped ucla! go fsu!!!

Anonymous said...

At least the Rev can beat the Rapids with several legs tied behind their collective backs...I am glad you got to see a game. I love going, even when the Rapids stink. Let's all go to London and see Arsenal play - sound good?