Saturday, January 30, 2010

34559 Day 152

holmes

for a period of my childhood i was obsessed with sherlock holmes.  i suppose it might be like some boys who get obsessed with superheros and comic books.  every time we went to a bookstore i would go straight for the section where this book was shelved and covet it mightily.

as i remember it i asked for it often but never got it.  there was one moment, in arizona of all places, that i asked for it quite passionately (facing a 15 hour drive home) and was turned down.  


don't cry for me though because i did receive it for a birthday, or possibly christmas, not long after that.  i've read every story in this book.  and then, at some point, my obsession with holmes passed, replaced with something else.  

my interest was piqued when i heard a movie was in the works.  i saw it tonight and it did not disappoint.  justice was done to a boyhood passion.  and robert downy jr. is the perfect holmes.

2 comments:

dad said...

Ouch! Can I send you an Amazon gift certificate as penance?! That would be cheap penance and I'd gladly do it... especially if you send me my Sojourn pens. :)

boutry said...

no need for that! but i do need to send those pens.