Monday, July 09, 2007

06659

- 0 comments last week...i must have scared everyone off with that quote from "the blogging church." =)

- we had our first baptism yesterday...in the river nonetheless...i was a little worried how this was going to work (considering it's boating season), but it worked out great...we weren't in anyone's way and no one ran over us with their raft!

- i saw "Transformers" last night...the cartoon was a major part of my life from the ages 5-8...i actually saw the animated movie in the theater many, many years ago. the movie is pretty cheesey but a ton of fun...the perfect kind of summer, popcorn flick. the effects and some of the shots in the movie are unbelievable...it's one of those movies where you can't wait for the DVD so you can see all the bonus features.

- i've been listening to the new Derek Webb album, "The Ringing Bell." i loved derek's songwriting when he was with Caedmon's Call and i always longed for solo material from him. and then he left the band and my dream came true. unfortunately, through three albums, he never really lived up to my expectations. with caedmon's derek wrote these very personal, inward looking songs about faith and girls. but when he went solo his focus turned outward...two popular subject matters: the church and social justice. these are great topics, and very close to my heart, but they did not always produce great songs. i still preferred stuff like "Bus Driver," "Table for Two," "Faith My Eyes," and "Me," to his newer stuff. "The Ringing Bell" though is my favorite work since he's gone solo. In particular, if you have itunes, everyone should download the song "This Too Shall Be Made Right." I think this song perfectly represents Derek's strength as a songwriter by combining both an inward and outward perspective. It's a thought provoking, moving song.

- have a great week...i'm going tubing!

4 comments:

Momma S said...

Did you baptize anyone?

Anonymous said...

Did you see Transformers? Your thoughts?

boutry said...

did you actually read this post, rmac? sheesh dude =)

Anonymous said...

I meant Harry Potter. Why did I put Transformers? I mean, did I meet ladies at Transformers? Oh yes. Will I meet them at tonight's Harry Potter? Indeed, indeed?

So baby, what house are you in? I'm in Slytherin, you know, cause I'm naughty. What? WHAT? WHAAAAT?