Thursday, November 09, 2006

02459

some things that have been shaping my thoughts recently...

1) the irresistible revolution...
2) crowder and his concept of a rescue that has happened and will happen...
3) a book (i know, another book...where does he get the time) titled "body piercing saved my life: inside the phenomenon of christian rock"...
4) a quote from this book, where the author describes evangelical culture as "constructing an ever more-impregnable fortress in which Christians can amuse themselves while waiting out the apocalypse." (Ouch!)
5) my fear that the election results will exacerbate this reality and evangelicals will continue to retreat instead of engaging in mission...
6) relational conflict (how it seems to always lack a perspective of the bigger picture)...
7) bonfires with homeless friends...
8) trailer parks and run down apartment complexes...
9) a sermon on what you have to know vs. what you can know (see Mt. 22:37-39, Mk. 12:28-31)...
10) joy and soccer and worship...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can I hear this sermon about what I know and what I can know.

Cause that's something I don't know.

heathorock said...

booty
the irresistable revolution is incredible, isn't it. lots to think about. you?