Monday, October 10, 2011

63459

Quick_Hits

Just a couple of thoughts at the beginning of another full week. I have two exciting happenings to report on.

1) I am going to start shifting more of my time and attention towards Boston University. I am definitely excited to "come back" in some ways to where I started with Sojourn. I had the opportunity to spend a lot of time on campus last Friday. I had lunch with some of Sojourn's students, then I spoke at InterVarsity's large group gathering that night. Both got me excited to spend more time with students on this campus which is a lot different from UMB! 


2) Sojourn has been selected to take part in the Leadership Network's first University Leadership Community (scroll 2/3 of the way down to read about "University Ministry - New Approaches"). This is an affirming and humbling opportunity for us. Affirming in that we were selected as one of the most innovative collegiate ministries in the country. Humbling because we still have a ton to learn, are a young organization, and it feels like we are a long way from being "experts" on any of this. I leave Wednesday morning to be a part of the first round of conversations between ourselves and 8 other ministries. Can't wait to write more about this experience, and to see the ways God uses this to challenge, grow, and sharpen us.

No comments: