Sunday, January 18, 2009

16259

i had an opportunity to share in church today about my experience as a "former pastor" joining a new church.  i enjoyed the opportunity and it gave me a moment to reflect on this transition as it has unfolded over the last seven months.

this has been a very unusual stage of life, but not anywhere as difficult as i had anticipated.  i think the main reason for this is that i love being married.  i was asked this morning to describe an "aha" moment as it pertains to leading community groups and my experience transitioning from staff to non-staff.  i think the biggest "aha" for me has been just how fun it is to lead with amy, as a team.  it is really, really amazing!

as much fun as i had in durango with ctk and as much as i miss it at times, i wouldn't trade anything for the opportunity to lead our funky little group of christ-followers in fields corner with my wonderful wife.  

so thank you john and tim and reunion for giving me the opportunity to reflect on that today.

(ps...if you want to listen, go here and download the podcast...i'm about 30 min in)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...this has been my joy for 31 years...being a team with my best friend...I am so happy for both of you!