Thursday, August 14, 2008

13959

another camp story...

maybe i'm pumped from all the swimming i've been watching, maybe i'm tired of all the "camp drama" that takes place at the beach, or maybe i just needed to do something to get the attention of the boys in my unit.  but, today, i swam across the lake and back.  

ok, not all the way across (which is not all that far to be honest), but out to a buoy in the middle of the lake.  interpretations of this endeavor are all a matter of perspective.  my father, and my wife, would have laughed at my rusty stroke, my gasps for air, and the pace that fell off dramatically as the swim wore on.  if you were to ask my boys, however, they would tell you about my feat of strength, about the great distance i swam, and the snapping turtles i fought off to get there.

an exaggeration perhaps, but i don't think they've ever seen anyone swim that far before!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perspective can be a beautiful thing. I'd revel in "my boys" perspective!

Anonymous said...

I also performed my own amazing swim feat this week. Three times across the pool and back. Never mind it was the width of the pool and not the length... :)

Momma S said...

you go lisa!

snapping turtles? my opinion/perspective of you/your swim just went way up! amazing...

Anonymous said...

go, steve! :) wow! i'm impressed!!